Blackboard Corporate Keynote: Jay Bhatt
Speaker(s): Blackboard Executive & Leadership Team
Jay Bhatt, CEO, will share his perspective on the new era of education in a learner-centric world and how Blackboard is helping address these changes by challenging conventional thinking and advancing new learning models. He will also share some exciting sneak-peeks into our product and solutions innovation agenda and how we are reimagining the education experience.
- Your going to see some cool things happening now and coming soon!
- Education 2020 Vision – Global, Learner Centric, Non-Traditional, Big Data, Consumer Preferences, Alternative Models, Online and Mobile Everywhere
- The education system is not reacting fast enough around outcomes and driving innovation.
- 75 million people have no jobs yet 57% can’t find employees with appropriate skills.
- Put learner at center of the process to create a different future. Drive change through focusing on learners.
- Creating a better educational system of all kids.
- Attracting, Retaining, and Educating Students
- Blackboard mission: To fundamentally reimagine education.
- Students are getting engaged into the process via usability, product design, user experience. Over 100 learners have been invited to attend this year!
- Reimagine | Redesign | Redefine
- Integrate, Accelerate, Innovate was last year themes by redesign as a focus.
- Over 25 product updates to meet country requirements for a truly global responsiveness such as truly anonymous and delegated grading.
- TipTxt integrated
- Powerschool integrated
- NFC for cards
- Bb Labs and Polls
- MyEdu acquired to help student collect competencies.
- Redesigned solutions, support / services, and industry citizenship
- Full solutions for highered and k12 rather than bundling. Learning Core = learn, content, xplor, community, mobile. Learning Essentials adds in synchronous. Learning Insight adds in analytics4learn, and the full suite is Learning Insight and Retention includes Bb Analytics.
- K12 Solutions include common core, innovative, classroom, parent engagement.
- Customer Support has been integrated and the private cloud.
- Services solutions provide technology implementation, faculty adoption, grow online programs while also attracting students, retention, and measuring outcomes.
- Blackboard has acquired Perceptis that provides support for end users.
- Industry Citizenship – New models of learning with American Council on Education to do joint research on competency based learning. Also, Bb is a founding member of mozilla badges built in for showcasing accomplishments. Finally supporting research and studies with partnering through Project Tomorrow and the Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Showcasing clients: SouthWest College in Northern Ireland which launched a Zambie Africa.
- Blackboard’s focus on the learner is in part to move beyond the LMS to assist in redefining the teaching and learning environment.
- Redefine user experience via UI and features, mobile first, expanded cloud strategy, and big data – focus on the learner.
- My Edu offers competencies, portfolio tools, for the building of a student profile.
- New profiles, integrated SafeAssign, and an entirely new user experience focusing on the needs of learners based on student research. Streamlined navigation, easy access to items, integration of products.
- Learner centric the most exciting time at Blackboard. Solutions are created directly for learners and exciting new experiences for users that support the learning process.
- Responsive design and UI for supporting all devices.
- Grading is about providing timely feedback and rich responses that enhance engagement and conversation.
- New streamline UI is very clean.
- New realtime chat with webtrc!!!
- Blackboard Collaborate Mobile
- BbGrader looks like a great offline grading tool!
- Bb K12 Central is a mobile school app for parents.
- Blackboard Job Genie provides find career paths and schools – to connect the ambiguous dots.
- New Bb Mobile experience.
- Deployment options: Self-hosted, private cloud managed hosting, and now… Learn in the Cloud for elastic, resilient, current. Only company to do so.
- Open Education for MOOCs is available today. Free access for Bb clients.
- Analytics, analysis, and insight throughout the educational experience via the IMS Caliper standard.
- New student alerts for students with a section activity reminder and how they stack up against their peers – also with learning indicators for faculty. The instructor can then also directly message the student.
Awesomeness coming soon to a Blackboard near you!