From LMS to Learning Environment: Blackboard’s Roadmap for Learning Solutions
The LMS is moving quickly beyond its traditional acronym. Beyond simple grade books, management tools and discussion boards and into a comprehensive learning environment that fully meets the expectations of today’s students. It is for this reason that we’re not just thinking about today’s LMS – we’re powering a learning environment that can support online expansion years down the road. This roadmap session will show you how we: • Are putting the student first, enabling them to access and interact with the learning environment anywhere, anytime and on any device. • Focusing on simplicity by redesigning tools and streamlining critical workflows for instructors. • Support competency-based learning models, enabling you to measure student achievement against learning objectives and personalize the student experience based on their performance.
- Blackboard has a vision is a world inspired to learn and mission to reimagine education.
- [Reimagine] Challenge conventional thinking and advancing new models of learning.
- [Redesign] Shifting from point products to integrated solutions.
- [Refine] Evolving beyond the lms to create a holistic learning and teaching environment.
- When logging into the new system you are presented with recent activity (with right side pullout for activities clicked on), and up one level is the MyEDU profile area.
- Courses area provides a historical view of classes.
- Grades are displayed at a glance across all courses.
- When entering courses, alerts and announcements are placed up front via overlay. Course search is included!
- The new UI provides full screen browsing experience. Grades are also displayed inline.
- Course specific navigation has outline, calendar, grades, messages, discussion.
- Instructors also brought to recent activity for grading, discussion, etc. activities from students. Discussions are handled inline or jump to full context.
- The new UI has native responsive design for display on any device with any resolution.
- Messages are now unified and there is only 1 tool to do it all and across all courses.
- You can copy and also import into courses.
- The system has a new UI, but the same business logic.
- Applause for java free collaborate (“Project Apollo”) and webrtc!!!