Jessica L. Knott
Michigan State University
- Agile Development Process
- UX – User Experience Research
- Target the user experience for enhancing the course experience for students.
- Session Slides
- User experience focuses on understanding user behaviors, needs, and motivations through obeservation techniques.
- Polls and Surveys – Wedgies is a site for polling. Other tools: Google Forms, Qualtrics, and more.
- A/B Testing – Place 2 options in front of users and see what they do.
- How do we maximize/optimize: content, audiences, usability, contextual experiences for students.
- Have you ever done a user A/B test with students to see which course home page they like better?
- Lynda.com has a good overview of user experience testing “Foundations of UX: Usability Testing“
- Personas are valuable for empathy and to put yourself in your students’ shoes. They can inform design decisions, help you identify student groups for feedback, help identify team composition.
How can we as educators intentionally design our courses that contribute to effective learning using the principles of #UX?