Gardner Campbell (Virginia Commonwealth University, USA)
- 646 with 350+ virtual attendees from 25 countries and 43 states at OLC. There were 38 vendors and 8 launch pad exhibits.
- Emergence Technologies – Things that happen out of complexity or that can’t be known in advance.
- Technologies of Emergence
- The connectedness of things is what the educator contemplates…
- The thought vectors from learners in a shared learning space where concepts emerge. Language itself is a technology of emergence.
- Help students to envision complex alternatives.
- VCU’s New Media cMOOC: Live in Concert [Video]
- How can we make the entire experience a learning environment. The syllabus, the outline, etc.
- Can you syllabus be interactive enough to teach? Can you insert questions into the syllabus to prompt students such as: “Do you have a blog?” And then branch out to guide them on how to create one.
- What would it look like to put “Easter eggs” in your course for students to uncover or discover?
- Academic Learning Transformation Lab – “ALT Lab models and inspires connected learning for a networked world through faculty development, student engagement, communities of practice, and technology enhanced active learning. We cultivate distinctive experiences of deeper learning fostered by high engagement for student success.”