- Our industry is facing a crisis… learners are not satisfied with their education experience. The system has failed to meet the students’ needs. BUT here is the good news. There is a deep belief in education providing salvation.
We need to lead a revolution. If not us then who? With change comes great progress! – Jay Bhatt
- 85% of learners are non-traditional, distance, part-time, skills, competency-based. At 15% do we have a standard?
- Enter… the “New Learners”
- Engage online and with apps
- Listen to peers
- Community engagement
- Safety and security
- Digital competency
- Consumer of data/info
- Learner + Teacher… the revolution should focus on the learners needs. Blackboard’s Mission: We need to reimagine education.
- The education continuum from birth > k12 > highered > professional education > lifelong learning
The New Learning Experience (NLE) is a new approach to education that fosters better engagement, interaction and quality learning through the delivery of leading-edge technology, services, and data capabilities.
- Laser focus on the learner
- Connected and tightly integrated workflows
- A delightful new user experience
- An accessible always-on environment
- Integrated data and analytics
- A day in the life of a K12 student and a holistic approach:
- A day in the life of a higher ed student and a holistic approach:
- Leading products in the market: Blackboard Learn, Moodlerooms, new Collaborate, Bb Student, Learning Analytics
- Blackboard is the only company that offers a complete flexibility offering: self-hosted, managed hosting, and Saas (Standard, Plus, Advantage)
The NLE Technology Framework
- Next generation LMS
- Built-in Learning Analytics
- Browser-based Web Conferencing
- Student, Platform and Consulting Services
- Role-specific Mobile Apps
- SaaS Deployment Environment
ENTER the NEW Blackboard
DESIGN with Jon Kolko
- Design thinking and empathy – feeling what someone feels not understanding.
- There are no traditional learners – we need to produce products and services that support learners when they change their minds.
- The institution of academia has been driven by quantitative metrics, at the expense of educational creativity – we need to integrate analytics into products seamelessly
- Above all, academia needs to support the learner’s journey – we need to build products that help leaners identify their strengths an interests
- Key: Minimize anxiety in learners
K12 solutions include learners, teachers, parents, community members, administrators through mobile apps, websites, learning platform, notifications, collaboration, and reporting:
Blackboard Ultra and Collaborate with Annie Chechitelli includes a brand new user experience, seamless transition from the “original” Blackboard, leverage embedded conversations, responsive design and more:
Mobile Apps include a variety of personas, say student and teacher. Bb Student supports “original” Learn courses and the new Ultra experience.
LIVE demo of Bb Collaborate via mobile with an iPhone – all within the browser!
When is this available? NOW! A technical preview is available as of today! http:/try.blackboard.com
Coming Soon to a Blackboard Near You
- X-Ray Learning Analytics Acquisition and Expanded Data Science Team for Predictive Analytics
- Academic Planning Tool
Inspire the world to learn…