- Peter Diamandis, xPrize and Singularity
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it yourself.”
- Technology will change and has changed every aspect of our lives.
Evidence for Abundance
- Global Income
- We are living during the most peaceful time in history. We wouldn’t know that living in a day with constant news about the negative.
- Education and Technology are the drivers of changing our world – a liberating force.
Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think
by Peter H. Diamandis et al.
by Peter H. Diamandis et al.
- We have an exponential growth of technology which is taking what is scare and making it abundant.
- We are heading toward a world where we are able to produce abundant energy. Same with water. We have the sources, but it may not be in the form yet where we can use it.
- We have abundant communications technologies.
- We have abundance in health care. Enter the handheld tricorder via Qualcomm xPrize competition.
- The worlds biggest problems are the biggest business opportunity.
- Exponential growth is what we will be facing in the next 10 years – technology is exponential vs humans are linear.
- How do we or do we not embrace technology – and if we think linear we will be disrupted.
- In 10 years it is predicated that 40% of the Fortune 500 companies will no longer exist.
- Change is the norm and the rate of change is increasing. The way we education need to change with the rate of change.
- 6Ds of the Exponential Framework = Digitized > Deceptive > Disruptive > Dematerialize > Demonetize > Democratize
- Technologies Riding on Moore’s Law
- Infinite Computing
- Sensor and Networks
- 3D Printing
- Synthetic Biology
- Virtual Worlds
- Artificial Intelligence
- Our education challenge: To use the best technology we can to help meet the needs of students.
- Automation and robotics will continue to transform our world through automated driving, changing our workforce with construction.
- 3D printing makes things that were once abstract, but now concrete. Go from an idea to manufacture in 1 day. We can print in 300 different materials today. 3D printed cars are also transforming manufacturing and building with 3D printed houses.
Only constant is change and the rate of change is increasing.
- We will be living in a perfect knowledge, anything – anytime environment of a data collection everywhere and imaging everything everywhere. We are headed toward a world that is data-driven. Sensors everywhere.
- Virtual Reality – MagicLeap, Oculus Rift, Microsoft HoloLens.
- We need to transform how we teach at scale.
- Future of healthcare and longevity. Making 100 years old, the new 60. Human Longevity Inc.
- Continuous education is like breathing oxygen.
- If you thought we haven’t seen change yet, think again.
Four Critical Insights:
- The only constant is change and the rate of change is increasing.
- You either disrupt you own company/products, or someone else will. Stand still = death.
- Competition is no-longer the multinational overseas. It is the explosion of exponentially empower entrepreneurs.
- If your dependent on innovation solely from inside your company, you will lose > crowdsourcing.
Slides available by entering your email to: 13102998772