We invite you to join our Product Management Leaders to hear about what’s coming to Blackboard Learn (including 9.1, SaaS, and the Ultra experience), Blackboard Collaborate, and our mobile apps to support teaching and learning in higher education.
- 1 Product = Learn
- 2 Experiences = Original and Ultra
- 3 Deployment Methods = Self-hosted, Managed Hosted, SaaS
- Quality in the Original Experience
- Hundreds of Bug Fixes
- Updated Technology
- Simplified Releases
- Java 8 JDK
- REST APIs
- Mobile Support – Bb Student App
- New Responsive Theme – Improves the Responsive Design, Improved Navigation, Improved Tool Use, Improved Management by Educators
- Efficiency – Workflow improvements to save time and improve usability
Enhancements for the Original Experience
- Assignment Submission Receipts (in development) – This came from the community site as an idea submission.
- Workflow Improvements and Usability for Drag and Drop Content (in development)
- Dropbox Integration (in development)
- Collaborate Integration Enhancements (available now)
- Competency-based Education (in research) – Personal learning, improved program dashboard, enhanced course dashboard
- Attendance Tracking (in research)
- Course Activity Overview Report (in development) – Filter by group, user session time, time in courses, users who didn’t log in
- Improved Student Activity Reporting in Tests (in research for self hosted)
- In Learn Ultra there are enhancements and new features such as group conversations, graded discussions, content development as items, added more question types in assessments.
- Themes of focus in development: more question types, timed tests and test settings, SafeAssign integration, granular content copy and sharing materials across courses, advanced content availability (aka adaptive release), SCORM support, institution pages (portal), LTI 2.0, video built-in, language packs for locale and language selection
- Sign up for a preview account at preview.blackboard.com – start playing!
- Scalable, reliable foundation for world-class web conferencing.
- Modern and intuitive interface.
- Designed for education.
- Support full inclusive learning.
- Coming: persistent content, add chat in a recording as well as download, support attendance records, support for large events and webinars up to 250 and eventually to 1000, leverage grades in Bb learn to mark attendance in gradebook / configure points / post grades automatically or manually, instructor mobile experience in “Bb Instructor” app, sign language interpreter toolset, reports and learning analytics, authentication beyond Bb credentials, and more.
- blackboard.com/collabtrial is available for a 30 day try out…
Persona Based Mobile Applications
- Bb Instructor (in development)
- Bb Planner and Blackboard Advise (launch in 2016)
- Bb Student