Session Description: We invite you to join our product management leaders to hear about the short and long term plans for Blackboard Learn. This session will cover both the Original experience (aka Learn 9.1) and the Ultra experience. You will have the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of what’s new and what’s coming directly from the Learn product team.
Speaker: Jim Chalex, VP, Product Management, Blackboard
- Modern, responsive, streamlined design
- Powerful tools for engaging courses
- Deeply accessible
- Embedded insights
- Seamless integrations
- 1 Blackboard Learn, 2 Experiences (Original and Ultra), 3 Deployment Options (Self-Hosted, Managed-Hosted, Saas)
- Learn > Collaborate > Ally > Blackboard app and Blackboard Instructor app
- Partnership with IBM has enhanced new services and robust cloud management
- Saas deployment is growing!
- 203 clients now using SaaS delivery, 68 additional migrations underway, and 52 pilots are being excecuted
- Amazon aws competency award received
Continue to Invest and Innovate on the Original Experience
- Regular cadence of releases (Q4 2016 and Q1 2017, culumlative updates)
- Quality improvements (more development resources in order to fix more bugs)
- Updated technologies (SQL server, Tomcat, BIRT reporting, ActiveMQ, JQuery, REST APIs)
- New feature development (more responsiveness, Dropbox integration, drag-and-drop and more)
- Content accessibility (ally is now available)
Continue to Deliver on Ultra
- Blackboard is fully committed to delivering product experiences that conform to global accessibility standards.
- Ally is available to assist institutions with a dashboard, faculty education, and realtime accessible versions for uploaded content.
- Learn Original Responsive Design
- Bb App (formerly Bb Student)
- New Blackboard Instructor App
Learn Product Roadmap
- Client / User Research
- Ideas Submitted on the Bb Community Site
- Usage Data Analytics
- Client Programs (Tech Previews, Cohorts, etc.)
In-line Grading Update
- Support for New Box View API will be in the following releases: Q4 Q2 2017, Q4 Q2 2016
Quality & Maintenance: Technology Support
- Updates coming in LTI 2.0, SCORM Update, More REST APIs, Caliper, RHEL 7
- OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, etc.
Learn Roadmap Summary