Closing Keynote: Changing the Narrative Joe Sanfelippo. Superintendent, Fall Creek School District (WI)
Joe Sanfelippo is the Superintendent of the Fall Creek School District in Fall Creek, Wisconsin, home of the Crickets and an Innovative District in 2016 and 2017 by the International Center for Leadership in Education. Joe co-hosts the Hacking Leadership Podcast and co-authored The Power of Branding: Telling Your School’s Story, Principal Professional Development: Leading Learning in a Digital Age, and Hacking Leadership: 10 Ways Great Leaders Inspire Learning That Teachers, Students, and Parents Love. He was selected as a Future Ready Superintendent in 2014 and a Personalized Learning Leader by the US Department of Education in 2016. He holds a BA, two Masters of Science, and a PhD.
- Moment of Awe – Stop in your tracks, take it in, appreciate.
- Today I shall behave as if this is the day I will be remembered – Dr. Seuss
- Be. Proud. – Don’t defend the work, celebrate the work!
- Let’s tell the story and tell the narrative.
- “I’m just a teacher” NO “I’m a teacher”
- In the absence of knowledge people make up their own. – Hacking Leadership
- Culture first always, share the story. Change it in 30 seconds.
- Every single time you connect with someone in your school community you are building or killing culture.
- Culture / Trust – Building trust with your community.
- Let’s stop thinking of school as something we pay for and start thinking about school as something we invest in.
- Hacking Leadership Book
- Build the culture, capture the stories, share share share